Thursday, March 13, 2008

My mom's foot.

So, as I mentioned in my last post, my mom has possibly broken her foot. But, the reason that I am making a post about it, is because my mom is the kind of person that wont go to the doctor about it. She says that us kids are more important than her throbbing foot, and we need her more.

As she was walking across the room to go to the bathroom, she was crying out in pain, as we were all gathered around her and watching her to make sure that if she fell we would be right by her side to help her up.

What happened was my family was going to small group for the first time at a friend's house. We decided to park in the back of the house so that we could leave some space for other people to park on the street, and we would just walk around to the front of the house. Simple right? Maybe if there wasn't a hole in the ground it would be simple. Or maybe if my mom wasn't wearing some ugg-clog-heel type things (that my dad says my mom is never aloud to wear again), it would be simple. Or maybe if my mom didn't walk right on top of the hole with the clogs it would be simple. But, it wasn't. We were walking around the side of the house and my mom didn't notice a hole in the ground, which she slipped and fell on. My mom hobbled over to a bench our friends had in their yard, and sat for a moment. She got up the strength to get up and hobble inside. When we got inside the lady got her some ice, and it was OK.

This morning my mom got up, and everything was not OK. I got up at 6:30 to do my homework that I didn't finish from last night. It got to be 7:00 so I decided to go downstairs to see why my mom hadn't come upstairs to get us yet, because normally she gets us up at 7:00. She said that she needed us to stay home and help her around the house since she was to crippled to walk. So here I am. I just got done feeding everyone lunch, and my brother decided to help me by cleaning up after lunch.

So anyways, just pray for my mom. She is such a good mom, and I love her so much!
Hopefully I will get her to go to the doctor once my dad gets home and can take her.
Thanks for your prayers!!
God bless<3

7 comments:

Charlene Kidd said...

Ashleigh,
I am so proud of you. You have definitely inherited your mothers communications skills. I know it is not always fun to be the big sister that sometimes takes the place of mom. Katie is also a big help with her younger siblings. You did a great job. Keep growing into that beautiful woman you are becoming.
Charlene Kidd
another P31 girl.

Julie said...

What a wonderful daughter you are... praying for your mom and your family! How neat to have your own blog! I've often thought of starting one... maybe I shouldn't procrastinate any longer!

Unknown said...

Ashleigh, I have enjoyed your mom's blog for quite some time and will surely enjoy your perspective on the Half Dozen!! Rona

Nancy W said...

We will pray for your family. I'm sure your mom is very grateful for all your help. Blessings,
Nancy in Mississippi

Wanita said...

Ashleigh,
I enjoy reading your mom's blog, and now I will read yours, too. I'll pray for your family and that your mom's foot will heal without any surgery. I know your family, especially your mom, appreciates your help during this difficult time.

Lisa said...

Hey Ashleigh,

I'm popping in from you mom's blog. You seem to be a delightful young woman and your love of your mom shines through brightly! May God bless you for your service to Him in the way you are caring for you mom.

Welcome, too, to the bloggy world. I have a blog that is especially for teen through college age girls, and I'd love to have you come by for a visit. It is http://refreshplace.blogspot.com ! It is just getting started, so let me know what you think!

Blessings, extravagantly!

MaryLu said...

Ashleigh,
I just popped over from your mom's blog. I too have six kids and I know that your mom appreciates all your help. You are super sister to take care of everything.
I'm praying for you and your mom.
Take care,